Aluminium Plate 6061
Our product range includes a wide range of aluminum alloy 6061 t6 plates.
Aluminum Alloy 6061 T6 Plates
Product Price: Rs 275 / KgGet Best Price
With the support of our dedicated and proficient workforce, we are catering to the different requirements of our clients by offering them with Aluminum Alloy 6061 T6 Plates. Highest resistance to corrosion of all the heat treated aluminum; these plates have good forming and mechanical properties. Good acceptance to anodizing and other applied coatings, our offered plates have electrical conductivity, which is 40% of copper and are available from sheet and plate. 6061 is a good, general purpose aluminum alloy with magnesium and silicon as its alloying elements. 6061 has the highest resistance to corrosion of all the heat treated aluminum, but strength is lower. 6061 has a wide range of mechanical properties and is readily machined and has good forming properties. 6061 welds easily, has excellent joining characteristics, and good acceptance to anodizing and other applied coatings. Electrical conductivity is 40% of copper. 6061 shapes are available from sheet and plate at Speedy Metals utilizing our high definition plasma cutter.
|Thickness||10 mm, 6 mm, 4 mm, 2 mm, 8 mm|
|Surface Finished||MILL FINISH|
|Is It Anodised||Not Anodised|
- Used for structural components
- Base plates
- Machine parts
- Hydraulic valve bodies
- Valves parts
- Fuse parts
- Worm Gears
- Rectifier parts
- Truck and marine components
- Marine fittings and hardware
- Electrical fittings and connectors
- Hinge pins
- Magneto parts
- Appliance fittings
- Camera lens mounts
- 6061 is commonly used for structural components, frames, brackets, jigs, fixtures, base plates, machine parts, hydraulic valve bodies, valves parts, fuse parts, gears, worm gears, rectifier parts, fasteners, truck and marine components, marine fittings and hardware, electrical fittings and connectors, hinge pins, magneto parts, appliance fittings, camera lens mounts, etc. 6061 is used for heavy-duty structures requiring good strength-to-weight ratio with good corrosion resistance. 6061 is easily cold worked and formed in the annealed condition. Cutting, stamping, bending, deep drawing, drilling, tapping, etc. are all readily accomplished using standard methods.
Machinability and Weldability:
- 6061 in the T4 condition has a machinability rating of 90% when compared to 2011 at 100%. Machines to a high finish.
- 6061 can be forged at temperatures in the range of 750 to 900F. Hot working may be done in the temperature range of 500F to 700F
6061 can be readily welded using all the common welding techniques:
- Has a machinability rating of 90%
- Compared to 2011 at 100%
- High finish
- 6061 can be forged at temperatures in the range of 750 to 900F
- Hot working may be done in the temperature range of 500F to 700F
- 6061 can be readily welded using all the common welding techniques
- Solution heat treat at 990F for adequate time to allow for thorough heating and then water quenched. Precipitation hardening is done at 320F for 18 hours and air cool, followed by 350F for 8 hours and air cooled.
- Annealing should be done at 775F for at 2 to 3 hours at temperature, followed by controlled cooling at 50F per hour down to 500F then air cooled.
- The ging precipitation heat treatment is done at 350F for 8 hours followed by air cooling. This produces the T6 temper.
- Pay Mode Terms: L/C (Letter of Credit),T/T (Bank Transfer)
Get Best Quote Request Callback